The Professional Learning Network, supported by the Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative (IEPI), is now providing unlimited access to Lynda.com for all California Community College employees at no cost. Lynda.com is an online library of courses on software tools and skills. To learn more, we suggest that you watch the introductory movie about the service, and watch How to use Lynda.com.
Here are just a few of the benefits to using Lynda.com:
- Courses include a wide variety of technology and disciplines
- Up-to-date content helps to keep your skills current
- New courses are added every week
- Access to instructors’ exercise files let you follow along as you watch tutorials
- Closed captioning and searchable, timecoded transcripts for increased comprehension
- Beginner to advanced courses to learn at your level
- Watch complete courses or individual tutorials as you need them
To create a Lynda.com profile, navigate to the Learn Academy of the Professional Learning Network. Next, login or register (if you are a first-time user) then click on the link for Lynda.com (click on the learn tab).
Please note that if you have been a previous user of Lynda.com and would like to transfer your previous training history, playlists, and bookmarks, you must select “yes” when asked, “Are you a current or former member of Lynda.com?” In selecting yes, it will prompt you to type in your old username and password.
If you have any questions regarding signing up for Lynda.com through the Professional Learning Network, please contact email@example.com.
Everyone can access iStream. Setting up an account is easy:
- Click on the image above to go to www.league.org/istream
- Click on "Create Your iStream Account"
- In the next window, select your college from the dropdown menu
- Enter your first and last name, and your institutional email address
- Click "Submit"
You will receive a confirmation email with instructions on logging in and creating your password. Make sure you check your junk folder if you don't receive this email fairly soon.
The California Community Colleges Success Network.
The @ONE Project makes it easy for California Community College faculty and staff to learn about technology that will enhance student learning and success.
The Learnwell Project's mission is to equip educators and students to achieve immediate positive results while making a lasting impact.
OLC is devoted to advancing quality online learning by providing professional development, instruction, best practice publications and guidance to educators, online learning professionals and organizations around the world.
Tools that inspire.
Active Shooter Training
Emergency Response Training (ERT)
- ICS 100 - Incident Command System
- ICS 200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- ICS 700 NIMS, An Introduction
IMPORTANT: You must print out your certificate proving that you have completed the NIMS training to be placed in your employee record in the Human Resources office in order to be certified for ERT program completion.